News

Statutory Rates from April 2019

Feb 07, 2019

We have summarised the new statutory rates below, which will come into force in April 2019.

National Living Wage / National Minimum Wage
New rates for the National Living Wage and the National Minimum Wage will be introduced on the 1st April 2019 as follows:
• £8.21 per hour for workers aged 25 years old and over
• £7.70 per hour for workers aged 21 to 24 years old
• £6.15 per hour for workers aged 18 to 20 years old
• £4.35 per hour for workers aged under 18 who are no longer of compulsory school age
• £3.90 per hour for apprentices

Statutory Maternity Pay
Statutory Maternity Pay will rise from £145.18 to £148.68 per week or 90% of the employee’s average weekly earnings, whichever is lower.

Statutory Paternity Pay and Statutory Shared Parental Pay
Statutory Paternity Pay and Statutory Shared Parental Pay will rise from £145.18 to £148.68 per week or 90% of the employee’s average weekly earnings, whichever is lower.

Statutory Adoption Pay
Statutory Adoption Pay will increase from £145.18 to £148.68 per week or 90% of the employee’s average weekly earnings, whichever is lower.

Statutory Sick Pay
Statutory Sick Pay will increase from £92.05 to £94.25 per week from April 2019. To be entitled to these statutory payments, the employee’s average earnings must be equal to or more than the Lower Earnings Threshold.

Lower Earnings Threshold
The Lower Earnings Threshold will increase from £116.00 to £118.00 per week in April 2019.

Pension Contributions
Workplace Pension Contributions are increasing from April 2019, meaning that the minimum the employer pays will increase to 3% and the minimum the employee pays will rise to 5%, making the total contribution 8%.

If you require any further information about these changes, please contact us by emailing enquiries@amarisk.co.uk or by phoning 01392 247436.

Contact us

How to get in touch

To discuss how we might be able to help your organisation please call the office on 01392 247436, email us via enquiries@amarisk.co.uk or fill in the form below and we'll get back to you.

HSE Increase Fee for Intervention Charge

Apr 24, 2019 | The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) increased its fee for intervention (FFI) hourly rate from £129 to £154. The new charge came into effect on 6th April 2019.

What a Leader Actually Does

Jan 07, 2019 | If you are not sure on the strategy of your organisation, the targets and objectives for your team – there is an answer: go and bang loudly on the right door and ask.

Contact Details

Amarisk Ltd,
3rd Floor,
11-15 Dix’s Field,
Exeter,
Devon,
EX1 1QA

Phone: 01392 247436
Email: enquiries@amarisk.co.uk

In Association

               

Amarisk Ltd, 3rd Floor, 11-15 Dix’s Field, Exeter, Devon, EX1 1QA